Dorothy Keck Dance Company
Dorothy Keck Dance Dance Company is a team of dancers ages, 5-17 that competes in various dance genres across the San Antonio Area.
Established in 2016, our DKDC has won numerous awards in Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Musical Theatre, Lyrical, and Contemporary. Being on our dance company is a wonderful opportunity to develop dance skills while making great friends and building confidence.
All DKDC members are selected through audition and must show a positive, upbeat attitude, great focus in class, consistent effort, flexibility, grace, and technical potential.
NEW DANCERS ARE WELCOME EVERY YEAR!
Auditions for the 2024-2025 season will be announced in the spring.
We welcome new dancers into our competitive programs every year. Our annual auditions take place at our studio during the month of May.
Students will be judged on Ballet, Tap, and Jazz skills as well as their flexibility, attitude, commitment, and technique.
- Females should wear a leotard and tights for the ballet portion of the audition (any color or style), and may layer fitted dance shorts if desired for the Tap and Jazz portions.
- Appropriate shoes for each genre should be worn during the audition- no outside shoes are allowed on the dance floor.
- Hair is expected to be pulled neatly away from the face in a ponytail or a bun.
Must be at least 5 years old.
Must attend Open Auditions.
Must pre-register and pay $25 Audition Fee.
Must have previous dance experience.
- If your child has never taken dance classes, we highly recommend taking at least one year of classes before auditioning.
- If dancer is accepted on the team, they must register for the required summer classes and DKDC intensive